Rotary Scholarship Information Memo 2015
Rotary Scholarship Information
TO: Area Senior High School Students
FROM: The Glens Falls Rotary Club
DATE: March 2015
SUBJECT: Rotary’s 2015 Community Service Scholarship
The Glens Falls Rotary Club is now accepting applications for our 2015 Community Service Scholarship. This scholarship program is intended to salute students who have demonstrated outstanding service to our community, and we hope you will encourage many of your seniors to apply.
Here are the salient points of “The 2015 Rotary Community Service Scholarship.”
- Rotary is offering two scholarships of up to $2,500 each (the final awards may be less than $2,500).
- Applicants must be seniors.
- Applicants must have at least a “B” average as confirmed by the respective Guidance Counselor on the attached template. PLEASE DO NOT submit Guidance Counselor College Recommendation Letters.
- Applicants must complete the Scholarship application (typed) and send it via email to:
David Kisselback, Scholarship Committee Chairman, at: email@example.com. Applications can be downloaded from our web site (www.glensfallsrotary.com) or obtained from either the Glens Falls or Queensbury High School Guidance office. Please do NOT submit completed applications to the rotary web site.
- Applicants must provide a brief letter of recommendation from an organization which benefited from the student’s service, describing the impact of his or her involvement.
- Applications must be received by Rotary no later than April 24, 2015.
- Finalists will be asked to meet with a panel of Rotarians for a brief interview as part of the selection process.
- Winners will be announced before or during the month of May 2015 and the awards will be presented at a Rotary Club luncheon meeting in May or June 2015.
- Questions may be directed to David Kisselback, Chairman of The Rotary Scholarship Committee, either via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
ALL COMPLETED APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED AT THE SAME TIME